Sunday, January 9, 2011

baking and more baking

I've spent a good part of the last 4 days baking all manner of sweet things. Vanilla-orange cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut for dinner with Maya.




Chocolate teacakes and peanut butter and jelly heart cookies for the Campbell House volunteers at the MAC.





And then there was the slightly unfortunate incident of the lemon-glazed lemon cookies.




I used organic whole-wheat flour and the cookies were just not feeling it. They were supposed to go along with the PB&J and chocolate teacakes, but I just can't give them to volunteers because they aren't quite perfect. I mean, the lemon cookies are very good (and don't they look pretty in their jars?), but the whole wheat flour has a texture that regular unbleached all-purpose flour does not. So, the lemon cookies are staying with me...or maybe I'll send some to the sisters. We'll see how the week shapes up.

Oh, and more almonds. Always more almonds.


Seriously. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...